Bedfordshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust encourages the staff working at GP practices, their patients, carers and residents, particularly those from Bedford Borough, to become Foundation Trust Members and have a say on their local hospital.
“Bedford Hospital belongs to you – Become a member and have your say” – Simon Linnett, Member and Chair of Bedfordshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
As a newly formed Foundation Trust, Luton and Dunstable University Hospital and Bedford Hospital are accountable to our local community. The Trust is looking to expand their Foundation Trust Membership to include people from across the whole of Bedfordshire and surrounding counties, to ensure the membership represents the population both hospitals serve. You can shape the future of your local hospitals by becoming a public member. It’s free!
What is a Foundation Trust Member
As a foundation trust both the hospitals are accountable to their local community they serve.
What Are the Benefits?
- You will receive newsletters and updates from the Trust
- You can have your say and influence the way the Trust runs its affairs
- You have direct access to the Council of Governors to raise any concerns and offer ideas
- You will receive invitations to members’ meetings and medical lectures given by hospital staff
- You elect the Governors
- You can stand for election as a Governor
- You are eligible for Health Service discounts via on-line shopping
Who Can Become A Member
Anyone can become a member, it’s free and easy to sign up and you can help influence the way your hospital is run. It takes only 2 minutes to fill the online form.
To become a member complete the online form below:
Alternatively, please email FTMembership@ldh.nhs.uk for a membership application form.